Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Parenting Pitfalls

Interesting last few weeks.  Got over a nasty head cold/virus that left me feeling like garbage for a good solid 10 days.  Finally woke up this Tuesday feeling human again.

Our 12-year-old rear projector TV finally gave up its hold on life, the day before we put our house up for sale.  Perfect timing.  So off to Amazon I went where I bought a Samsung 55" flat screen, a Blu-ray player, and a Sony sound bar.  Melissa picked up a nice stand at a local furniture store.  Total unexpected cost: $1400.  Ouch.

We spent two hours last night at a model home specing out a potential build that we both thought was just too expensive.  We need to take our time and not rush into anything.

Megan left me a note that reads how she feels like she doesn't belong to the family after watching me cuddling with Ian on the couch.  Really upsetting to me, it's the last thing I want one of my children to feel.  So I typed up a note telling her how I'd love to always cuddle with her, how she's my special little girl, and that mommy and daddy love her every bit as much as we love Ian.  We'll see how she reacts to it tomorrow morning.

No comments: